Speech-language pathologists and audiologists use this time to broaden their profession by attending conferences and continuing education events. They also educate their clients, patients, students, and their community about the fields of audiology and speech-language pathology.
If you are a teacher, daycare provider, or someone who values communication, please share this information with your students, parents, and as many people as possible. So, where can you get more information and materials promoting Better Hearing and Speech Month? Try these free and fun informative resources!
- The American Speech-Language Hearing Association offers kids activities, stickers, coloring pages, certificates, door hangers, and contests.
- This website offers Better Hearing and Speech Month activities for teachers and parents.
- Better Speech and Hearing Month Booklet
- This handout from Super Duper Inc. describes the history of speech-language pathology and the role of an SLP. ·
- Noise Can Be Hazardous to Your Health poster
Be sure to like the Talking With Toddlers Facebook Page. We will be posting free giveaways throughout the month in honor of Better Hearing and Speech Month. You don't want to miss out!